Monday, February 11, 2013

Our Overly Generous God

Last year, my hubby an I installed solar panels on the roof and a water tank in our yard.  We use the water from the tank on the veggie garden and the plants have seemed to do better with rain water rather than town water.  We have a hose attached to the tank and when the tank starts overflowing, we run the water onto the bare patches in the back yard.  And when it comes to solar, I was hoping the electricity bills would be cut in half but we have found out electricity bills to be a third of the amount it was this time last year.

When I think of the blessings of solar power and overflowing water tank, I think about the generosity of God.  We read in the Bible over and over again about how God gives to all without finding favour. 

The other day, I read a blog post by Bob Stone and in it he said "In creation God forms, fashions and then releases His gifts and blessings with open hands—He is an opened-handed God, a generous God." 



If you ever feel that God hasn't done anything for you lately, just spend a few moments reflecting on the fact He gave His Son to us, to take the punishment for our sins and to make a way for us.  And He has given us eternal life.  We get to spend the rest of our earthly lives in communion with Him through the power and presence of the Holy Spirit and when our lives are finished here, we get to spend eternity with Jesus in the Heavenly Realms.  When we think about these gifts, how can we not worship Him?  How can we not praise Him?  How can we not utter continual 'thank you's with our hearts and our lips?

I know its impossible for me not to say thank you to Him for all He has given me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment