Monday, February 11, 2013

God's Protection


I had my own little lesson on God's protection this past week. 

Psalm 91:5-6, 9-11 (The Message) says
5 Fear nothing—not wild wolves in the night,
    not flying arrows in the day,
6 Not disease that prowls through the darkness,
    not disaster that erupts at high noon

9 Yes, because God’s your refuge,
    the High God your very own home,
10 Evil can’t get close to you,
    harm can’t get through the door.
11 He ordered his angels
    to guard you wherever you go.
.

Note the last line in verse 6...the disaster that erupts at high noon and verse 11 ...He ordered his angels to guard you wherever you go.

Last Sunday I stayed back and chatted a little while so it wasn't that far off noon when I left Holy Name.  My car was parked across the road and it was raining.  After hopping in my car, I turned on the engine and could smell what I thought was burning plastic.  I couldn't see any smoke and none of the dashboard warning lights were illuminated so I felt it was safe to drive home.  My son was at home and I told him about the smell.  He said that it could be because of the rain and the tyres and wasn't too worried.  When my husband came home form golf I told him.  He looked under the bonnet and couldn't see anything wrong. 

At this stage, I thought I was going a insane because nothing was obviously wrong and I could smell something that wasn't there.

The next morning we topped up the engine oil and looked again but couldn't see anything wrong.  I left for work and I could smell it again.  I got home and told hubby about it and he suggested we go for a drive around the block.  Yes, that smell was there and while I wasn't happy of something burning, I was glad I wasn't going crazy. 

We checked under the bonnet again and found the electronic rust inhibitor has burnt and melted.  I had had a fire under the bonnet of my car! I don't know much about cars but I reckon that a fire in the engine compartment of your car isn't a good thing, even if its only a little fire.   



God had protected my life, my husbands life and other road users lives from potential disaster at high noon!

We have since found out this particular electronic rust inhibitor has been recalled because of this problem, but we didn't know it at the time.  I didn't even have time to fear disaster but God's angels stepped in and took control of the situation.  Gods angels  were with me wherever I went in my little red car!

Our God is good and worthy of praise. selah!

I thought I would share my testimony with you and hopefully encourage you to remember in those times when you think disaster is striking, something much worse may have happened if God hadn't been there to step in and protect you.

Have a wonderful week and as you go about your busy lives, may you get a quiet moment to sit and hear our Heavenly Daddy's heart as it beats for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment