Friday, January 10, 2014

Packing Away the Christmas Tree



 For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.  Jeremiah 29:11

On Monday I took down my Christmas tree and packed away the decorations in boxes ready to be stored until next December.  As much as I enjoy putting the Christmas tree up and decorating the house, I always feel some pangs of sadness as I pack the ornaments away.    

To me, putting the Chrissy decorations away signals not only the end of the Christmas season and the end of one year, but it also marks the beginning of a new year.  

Endings and beginnings can be hard.  Last year I had a number of personal difficult times where I had to search hard to find positives in them.  No matter how many times I tried to roll with the punches, it still wasn’t easy.

A few days ago I read this quote by Joyce Meyer  If you're supposed to be looking backwards, you'd have eyes in the back of your head.”   

I’ve made the decision to look forward, and to try to be more positive about 2014.  I’m going to do my best to put hurts behind me, to walk in forgiveness and to stop grumbling..   Even in the midst of turmoil, I want to remember that my God has plans for me to give me peace and hope. 

I know it won’t be easy but as long as I keep my eyes on my Daddy God, it will be doable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment