Friday, November 29, 2013

Resting in Jesus



“Come to me all who are weary and I will give you rest.”  Matthew 11:28 

This would have to be one of my favourite verses.  

I think all of us get tired from time to time.  Like everyone, I get physically, mentally and emotionally tired.   And it’s in those times; I try to remember Jesus’ promise to me, that if I go to him I will get rest.

What does rest mean? We might physically lie down but our minds can continue to churn with all the stresses and worries that life brings. This churning of problems over and over again is anything but restful!  

To me, rest means to focus on Jesus, to worship him and to remember my daddy God’s greatest passion was for me to know him. It is only when I do these things that I feel Jesus’ arms around me as he lifts me and carries me. 

While your family or friends may break their promises, Jesus will never break a promise, and when he promises to give me rest, I believe him.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment