Sunday, November 10, 2013

Declarations



O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever!  Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom He has delivered from the hand of the adversary
Psalm 107:1, 2 (AMP)

I’ve been thinking a lot about declarations of late and how there is power in the words we speak.

To declare means:

• To make known formally or officially
• To state emphatically or authoritatively; affirm.
• To reveal or make manifest; show.

The words you speak are powerful; remember God spoke this whole world into existence by His Word.  Since we are created in His image, we have the power and authority to make declarations over our own lives.

Each week in church, we stand and repeat The Nicene Creed.  This Creed is a declaration of what we believe spiritually as a congregation.

On Sundays, when I take communion, I go back to my seat with the wafer in my hand and I make my own declaration to my Jesus.  This is a powerful reminder to keep my eyes on my saviour and all he has done for me.  It is also a reminder to me of where I stand in the sight of my Father God.

This is my own personal declaration:

“By your stripes I am healed,
By your blood, I am washed clean,
By your broken body, I am made whole,
By the crown of thorns you wore, I now wear a crown of salvation,
By your nakedness, I am clothed with a robe of righteousness,
And by your sacrifice and your substitutionary death on the cross, I can boldly stand before my Daddy God.  
Thank you Jesus for all you have done for me.”

What do you think of declarations?  Do you have your own? 



No comments:

Post a Comment