Friday, September 13, 2013

Through...



“Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil; for you are with me” Psalm 23:4

Not long back, I read this quote from Joel Osteen “God has brought you through before, and He will bring you through again. Make a decision each day, to choose faith over fear.”

I decided to do a bit of research and count how many times the word ‘through’ was in the NRSV Bible.  I started at Genesis and went to the end of the Old Testament before I gave up.  And the word ‘through’ is written 298 times!  

Thinking about it, ‘through’ must be one of God’s favourite words.  After all, if He used it so many times in the Bible, then we need to work out what it means for us.  

When I think of the word ‘through’, I think of a journey.  Through is not a place to stop; but rather, it’s a place in which you travel to get to your destination.

To me this means, whenever we find ourselves in dark places, we need to stick close by God and He will take us through them.  After all, when it’s darkest, God’s light will always shine brightest.

No comments:

Post a Comment