Friday, September 27, 2013

Living in the Shelter of The Most High



You who live in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty, will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust.”  Psalm 91:1,2  (NRSV)

 A few days ago, one of my friends posted a cute photograph of a mother and her baby birds on Facebook. The mother bird was sitting on a branch with two baby birds snuggling up next to her, one under each wing.

This photo spoke to me about how God wants to be our shelter and our refuge just as much as the mother bird was the shelter and refuge of her babies. He wants us to lean on him, to take refuge in Him and to trust Him with all of our yesterdays, todays and tomorrows.  Our God wants to encircle us with His wings.

To get close enough to God for His wings to wrap around us, we need to spend more time with Him.  Sounds obvious but how?   I’ve found a few things to help me in my relationship with God and they may be of help to you.  In my experience, talking with God, reading His Word and daily worship will help bring us closer.  Even if you can only do one of these things, start with prayer – talking AND listening. You need to spend as much time listening to God as talking with Him.  

After all, it is Gods desire to get close with you, so why not give Him that opportunity?

No comments:

Post a Comment