Saturday, March 22, 2014

Jesus in a Six Word Story



According to legend, Ernest Hemingway was lunching with some friends when he bets that he can craft an entire story in six words. After the pot is assembled, Hemingway writes "For sale: baby shoes, never worn" on a napkin, passes this around the table, and collects his winnings. 

Recently, I was in a group discussion where the question was, “Who is Jesus to you?” and we had to answer in as few words as possible. I didn’t have a lot of time to think about it so I went with the first thing that came to mind.

My answer was “Jesus is my peace”.  I went on to explain, how, when I was in a really bad life storm, I did my best to keep my focus on Jesus.  While the storm didn’t calm, I felt the presence of Jesus calm me and I was able to get through it. 

Upon writing this week’s reflection, I decided to take on Hemmingway’s challenge but change it slightly because I wanted to write a six word story about who Jesus is to me. 

Here is my attempt at a six word story, ‘Jesus: my calm within my storm’.

If someone were ask you that same question, ‘Who Jesus is to you?’ and you had to answer in as few words as possible, what would you say?  Could you say who Jesus is to you in six, ten or maybe twenty words?  Why not try?  I would love to hear what you think about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment