Friday, March 7, 2014

Happy Little Vegemite



 “Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshipping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching”. Hebrews 10:25 TM

I freely admit that I’m a happy little Vegemite. I often enjoy this salty black spread on toast or on fresh bread.   



However, there is something I don’t like about Vegemite. The other day I walked into the kitchen and there was an awful smell but it didn’t take me long to find out where it was coming from.   A couple of days before hand, I had filled an empty Vegemite jar with water, letting it soak in preparation to be washed and placed in the recycling bin but then I became distracted and had totally forgotten about it. 

This got me thinking.   Most of us can agree that we have a desire to have a close relationship with God, and I believe that is His desire too, but how do we attain or retain it?  It’s easy to get distracted with everyday life and God can sometimes get pushed into an hour or so on Sundays.

I reckon we need to put effort into connecting with God every day in prayer, Bible reading and worship.   And equally important, we also need to support and meet together regularly, as we do our best to encourage each other in reaching out to Jesus.  No one ever said the Christian life was an easy one, but we will never do it alone as long as we connect with Jesus and with each other.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment