Friday, March 1, 2013

Parking yourself in the right spot.

A funny thing happened last Saturday night.   It was about 5pm and the wind was blowing a gale and the rain was coming down.  Hubby was watching a DVD as the weather was badly affecting the television reception and I was pottering around the kitchen. 
 
I looked out the window to see the trees bending over and I casually said “I wouldn’t be surprised if we have a blackout because of the weather” and boom, within a few seconds the power went out. 
Of course, Hubby was disappointed that his movie stopped in the middle of a good spot said that I ‘willed the power to go out’.  Hehehe.

I still had my mobile phone and I found out the power would be back on around 9pm.  I told hubby and so we checked torches, I found the camp stove so we could make dinner and we settled in for the evening.  A few minutes before nine, hubby parked himself in front to the TV as he wanted to be ready so he could watch the cricket as soon as the power came back on.

He trusted Ausgrid to do what they said they would.  I was a bit more doubtful as I know that sometimes things go wrong even with the best of intentions.   And would you believe it?  The power came back on about a minute past nine pm!  Hubby’s faith and trust in Ausgrid was well placed and I ended up being the ‘Doubting Thomas’.

My hubby taught me something important in his actions.   I think that at times we can be doubtful and not trust God to do the things He said He will do.  We may say one thing with our words but how often do we physically put ourselves in the right place and fully trust God to turn up and bless us?  To be honest, I think it’s a human thing to focus on all the things that can go wrong instead of really believing God.  Maybe what we really need to do is get past our doubts and go park ourselves where we can get the blessings of God instead of ‘Waiting for God to act first and then move’.

It’s just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment