Friday, August 9, 2013

Trees clapping their hands



On Thursday morning my cat had a case of what we call “The Maddies”  He runs crazily around the house, jumping on and off furniture and dashing from one end of the house to the other.  He jumped at the base of the curtains, kicking them up and then proceeded to  meow loudly at the poor confused dog. He then rushed into the bathroom, jumped into the bathtub (which was thankfully empty at the time) and threw himself around the porcelain.  We think the reason the cat was going crazy was because of the wind.  Either that or one of our neighbours is growing catnip.  Hehehe

Whenever I look at the trees blowing, I remember the verse in Isaiah 55:12 that says the trees clap their hands as part of their praise to God.   

And then I am reminded me of the time when Jesus was riding into Jerusalem on a donkey.  The disciples were cheering and praising God loudly and when some Pharisees suggested to him that he quieten the crowd, Jesus replied “If they are quiet, even the stones will cry out!”

This got me thinking, Jesus said that the most important command was to love God with everything that is within us…  I love how The Message puts it: “Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and muscle and intelligence.” 
   
I reckon that if an inanimate object such as a tree or a stone can praise God with unbridled passion, then I can do no less.  Don’t you agree? 

No comments:

Post a Comment