Monday, March 12, 2012

Quote on Faith & prayer

I've read a few quotes lately that speak to me.  <--- see what I did there?  It was a funny punny.


"Faith is to the soul what life is to the body. Prayer is to faith what breath is to the body." J. C. Ryle

What is prayer?  Is it simply talking to God? Is it also a form of worship? 

Some people think of prayer as ask a way to ask God for things.  But shouldn't we do more than treat God as a Heavenly Vending Machine?  By saying the right words, you get what you want...

Others only ever talk to God when they are in dire straits.  Its a verbal or psychological form of tying a knot when you are at the end of your rope and you hang onto it. 

Do I look at God as a vending machine or my rope?  Or do I want to just talk to Him about my life?  Or is my prayer life a bit of everything?  










No comments:

Post a Comment