Friday, October 25, 2013

Sand between my toes



How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I am awake, I am still with you
. Psalm 139:17-18 (NIV)

Hubby and I decided to go to the beach this week, since summer has visited us early this year.  After a quick dip in the cool water, I sat on my beach towel and looked down at the sand between my toes.  

The grains of sand on my feet reminded me of the verses in Psalm 139 which says our Father God thinks good thoughts towards us all the time.  He doesn’t just think about us some of the time, or the times when we are in church or when we’ve been extra ‘good’ but all the time.  

I then lay down on the towel and listened to the waves pounding on the shore. I began to think about how waves are always heading towards the beach even when the tide is going out.  The waves never stop coming, even if don’t see or hear them they continue to land on the beach.  The relentless motion of the waves heading towards the beach is reminiscent of God’s love for us.  His love never stops coming, no matter if we are awake or asleep, if we are working or playing, if we are thinking of God or thinking about ourselves, His love never stops.  Our Daddy God loves us relentlessly and with a passion all the time.

The idea that God is always with me, always loving me and always thinking good thoughts about me, even when I am not thinking about Him is nothing short of mind blowing.  Don’t you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment