Saturday, April 14, 2012

Jesus' Unexpected Presence

In my Anglican Church each week, we have four Bible readings.  I write down whatever jumps out at me from each reading, usually a strong sentence or two from the sermon and then see what happens from there... I will start by giving you the reading and then in italics the passage, verse or message that jumps out at me.

The readings for today:-
Vs 3:  With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all  (NIV)

Vs 3:  It's like the dew on Mount Hermon flowing down the slopes of Zion.
   Yes, that's where God commands the blessing, ordains eternal life.(TM)

Vs4: We want you to enjoy this, too. Your joy will double our joy! (TM)

Vs 3 & 4: I write this, dear children, to guide you out of sin. But if anyone does sin, we have a Priest-Friend in the presence of the Father: Jesus Christ, righteous Jesus. When he served as a sacrifice for our sins, he solved the sin problem for good—not only ours, but the whole world's.  (TM)

Vs 31: But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. (NIV) 

Jesus Christ Superstar, Are you who you say you are?
Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ, Who are you what have you sacrificed?

The disciples were scared.  They locked themselves away with each other.  It wasn't until Jesus appeared amongst them that they were joyful again.

Its easy and normal and natural to doubt unless you see something first hand or have an experience of Jesus and His Lordship and believe God does love us enough to come and meet with us. 

The disciples were sitting - comforting each other and probably planning on going back to their old lives until Jesus came in to see them.  Jesus came into their presence!! These fellows were so worried about their lives, they locked themselves in.  Jesus broke through to them!!

No matter what we are locked into, Jesus can come into our lives. He can still breathe on us, no matter what we do or where we are.  We don't need to bend over backwards, pray a certain way or even for hours on end. We just have to be us.

Thank you Jesus, that you come to me when I least expect it. You breathe on me when I am at my weakest & you are real.  Please, Jesus come to me, breathe on me and fill me with the Holy Spirit once again.  AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment